The FAMiLY LEADER is thrilled to welcome Dr. Ben Carson as the keynote speaker of our annual “Celebrate the Family” fundraising dinner!
We believe Dr. Carson is the epitome of the American dream and we know if you attend, you will be inspired by his family-focused message.
If you’re not familiar with Dr. Carson, here are a few quick facts:
- He had a childhood dream of becoming a physician.
- He grew up in a single parent home and was challenged with dire poverty, poor grades, a horrible temper, and low self-esteem.
- His mother had only a third-grade education and challenged her sons to strive for excellence.
- Today, he is an emeritus professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- He directed pediatric surgery neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center for 29 years.
- In 2001, Dr. Carson was named by CNN and TIME Magazine as one of the nation’s 20 foremost physicians and scientists.
Saturday, November 22, 2014 | 6-8pm | Holiday Inn Airport, Des Moines
Tickets: www.thefamilyleader.com | $75 per person